Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Digital camera photos suddenly not recognized on Mac products

I have a Kodak Z950 EasyShare camera that I have been able to connect and transfer photos from for years (using USB). The computers I've transferred the photos to are a 2011 iMac, and a 2020 MacBook Pro. I transferred photos to both computers as recently as last week. Now, when I hook up the camera, the computers DO recognize the camera, but they either don't recognize the photos at all (zero available to transfer), or they are deemed an "unrecognizable format."

I have a feeling that the problem must be somehow with the camera, not the computers, but thought I would check here first. (I had to choose a topic to submit this, so I chose Photos for Mac, but on the old iMac, it's actually iPhoto.)

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2021 10:21 AM

Hi

What if anything has been changed on your system prior to this happening (especially MacOS updates)?

To rule out camera interface issues, can you take the memory card out of the camera, and put it in a card reader, and try to import the photos from there?

Similar questions

8 replies

Aug 1, 2021 9:16 AM in response to TMA2021

It's been several years since I had my Canon out and tacking pictures but I vaguely remember a menu setting for communication between the camera and computer. I can't remember what it's called but look for it in the camera's settings and change it to the other of two settings and try again. Again all cameras may not have that communication option.

Aug 2, 2021 10:39 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks again. I did change the "share" setting on my (Kodak) camera from "Favorite and Upload" to just "upload" - I have no idea if that's the type of thing you were referring to, but I WAS able to upload a test photo using the USB again, so THANK YOU!

As for the part about the iMac's age, etc., I am not sure if you were replying to me, but "about this Mac" says "iMac (27-inch, mid-2011)" and it's running MacOS Sierra version 10.12.

Thank you for your patience and for helping me solve this problem - at least for now!

Digital camera photos suddenly not recognized on Mac products

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.