Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro crash

I recently bought my new Mac and I'm having trouble, it restarts for no reason ...

panic(cpu 8 caller 0xffffff800b58f8aa): "DSB0(MacBookPro16,1): thunderbolt power on failed 0xffffffff\n"@/System/Volumes/Data/SWE/macOS/BuildRoots/d7e177bcf5/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IOPCIFamily/IOPCIFamily-428.120.4/IOPCIBridge.cpp:1433

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 5:53 AM

"thunderbolt power on failed"

It means one of your thunderbolt devices is not getting sufficient power.

Typically, you want to use a USB-C hub that includes a USB-C port just to get power for the computer when it is a notebook/laptop computer, and a second USB-C port and other ports for your other USB-C devices.

Depending on what you are connecting some of those hubs may include ethernet, Displayport, HDMI, SD ports, audio, and USB-3.0 connectors.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2021 5:53 AM in response to Maldonadojf

"thunderbolt power on failed"

It means one of your thunderbolt devices is not getting sufficient power.

Typically, you want to use a USB-C hub that includes a USB-C port just to get power for the computer when it is a notebook/laptop computer, and a second USB-C port and other ports for your other USB-C devices.

Depending on what you are connecting some of those hubs may include ethernet, Displayport, HDMI, SD ports, audio, and USB-3.0 connectors.

Aug 6, 2021 10:14 AM in response to a brody

I have the same machine and have been dealing with apple support and a half functioning macbook pro for a couple months - recording all my errors between sleep wake failures and these other panics - constant shutdowns. I'm on the last leg of doing another backup wiping out the machine and reinstalling system and doing a selective migration of my information. the ineffective time troubleshooting and doing the tech work is wrecking my productivity time and workload! I expect to buy a fab working tool for $4K+ and what i've spent of the rest of the office apples. But Apple insists on me doing all the work until the last possible evidence is proven it is hardware.

MacBook Pro crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.