Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem report for MacOS

My 2019 iMac crashes and restarts. "Problem Report for MacOS." Reveals "panic CPU ......." I can't seem to cure it with reinstalls, diagnostics, etc. It is happening more often - several times a day. I'm running Monterey but it was happening before I upgraded.

All other equipment has been disconnected. It still occurs.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2021 1:13 PM

That would indicate your external HD was the cause of the problem. Of course we have no idea what EHD you were using but it should be replaced with a high quality EHD such as an OWC Mercury Elite Pro. If you were using Seagate, WD or Toshiba enclosure these have long histories of a short lifespan and arriving bloated with worthless utilities. Do yourself a favor and buy quality EHDs that will last longer and when the drive does die you can easily replace it in a matter of minutes.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2021 1:13 PM in response to David-Fresno

That would indicate your external HD was the cause of the problem. Of course we have no idea what EHD you were using but it should be replaced with a high quality EHD such as an OWC Mercury Elite Pro. If you were using Seagate, WD or Toshiba enclosure these have long histories of a short lifespan and arriving bloated with worthless utilities. Do yourself a favor and buy quality EHDs that will last longer and when the drive does die you can easily replace it in a matter of minutes.

Dec 9, 2021 3:40 PM in response to David-Fresno

NEVER EVER upgrade any OS when you are experiencing problems, doing so only makes it much more difficult to get to the root cause of the problem. This is a fundamental of computer troubleshooting.

It will help us get a good idea of what is causing your problem if you provide a report of your system, that way we do not have to play 20 questions with you. The report we are requesting does NOT provide any personal information and is extremely safe to use. Please navigate to www.Etrecheck.com and download the free version of EtreCheck. Once you have you downloaded the app and installed it, please run the report and save it.

When you have your report, you can attach it when you reply to this message and we can then review it and help you determine what is needed to get your system running well again.

For instructions on how to download your EtreCheck report and attach it to your reply to this message please click https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

Problem report for MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.