Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV App Not Working on Roku

I use a Roku stick and everything works except for the Apple TV app. Ted Lasso season 1 episode 3 will load, but that is the only one that will. Season 2 won't load, Schmigadoon won't load, and instead I keep getting a message that says

"Video Not Available

There's a problem loading this video.

If this continues, check your internet connection."

It does that for everything except Ted Lasso s1e3 and the "LOL-worthy moments" videos. And I know it isn't the internet connection. HBO Max, Disney Plus, and Netflix are all streaming on that same Roku stick with no problems whatsoever, so this is specifically an issue with the Apple TV app. I reset the internet anyway just to cover my bases and am still having the same issue.

7130X,

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2021 6:10 PM

None of the “fixes” in this thread have worked with any consistency. I've tried them all with varying success, only to have to repeat deleting the app, reinstalling, signing in, restarting the Roku ever time I want to MAYBE get lucky and watch another episode of a service I am PAYING for! This is an APPLE app issue. No other app has issues on the Roku. My other devices work. It is not user error. For the love of all that is holy, please pay attention to this annoying problem and FIX it.

Similar questions

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2021 6:10 PM in response to JovonaP.

None of the “fixes” in this thread have worked with any consistency. I've tried them all with varying success, only to have to repeat deleting the app, reinstalling, signing in, restarting the Roku ever time I want to MAYBE get lucky and watch another episode of a service I am PAYING for! This is an APPLE app issue. No other app has issues on the Roku. My other devices work. It is not user error. For the love of all that is holy, please pay attention to this annoying problem and FIX it.

Sep 19, 2021 8:42 AM in response to CSzKid

I saw this in another forum and it worked. Finally after months my Apple TV app works on Roku.

FINALLY A SOLUTION!!! Just saw this posted on Reddit. It absolutely worked for me. Simply change your AUDIO settings as follows:

Settings -> Audio -> HDMI -> change “auto detect” to Dolby Digital.

No restart required. Thank you "MeatyOchre!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/ms1h19/apple_tv_channel_not_working_video_not_available/h9r6p...

Aug 3, 2021 9:55 AM in response to CSzKid

Hello CSzKid,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It's our understanding that some Apple TV+ content won't load on your Roku streaming stick. You've come to the right place! The additional steps in the following resource may help: If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app

If the issue persists, test the issue on a different device if possible. Please include specific error messages and any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a great day!

Aug 15, 2021 5:53 PM in response to Sunsetblue12

I also have this problem. I have reset, updated and unplugged, checked for updates and deleted and reloaded the channel. Internet connection is good according to the system check. Apple TV+ works on my computer, but not on the TV when using the Roku.

The error message is consistant: "Video Not Available. There's a problem loading this video. If this continues, check your internet connection."

Sep 2, 2021 5:18 PM in response to JovonaP.

I have the same issue (same error message). All other streaming platforms work. I can even watch Apple TV+ on my laptop, which is far older than the Roku, and get the error message suggesting it is a problem with my internet. I’ve uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, changed display settings, tried SD playback only, restarted the Roku, etc. Multiple times. The app does not work properly.

Apple TV App Not Working on Roku

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.