Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime and Messenger dropping calls or not even being able to connect

I have worked with Apple over a month with FaceTime and Messenger dropping calls or not even being able to connect. Sent it to the Repair Center, got a different iPad back but another 8th generation and it has the same issues! I’m so frustrated with Apple. This is my 93 yr. old Dads iPad I bought for him so we can FaceTime and we aren’t able to! Are you going to stand by your products. It’s still under Warranty for heaven sake. HELP

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 7:44 PM

7 replies

Aug 4, 2021 9:18 PM in response to Texastango1

No one of responsibility is here from Apple.

You have signed up into an Apple product user to user technical support community.

We are all, largely, just Apple product users, just like you.

You need to contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities.

Use the Hardware Repair & Device Performance support categories.

OR

by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

OR

Call contact Apple via the support numbers found in the link bekow.

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Tap the link below.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

Best of Luck to You!

Aug 5, 2021 9:26 AM in response to Texastango1

Hello. I am not, by any definition, an expert.

I have some ideas, not sure if you have checked this. I have the same issue with a few friends, and we determined that it is the wifi provider that is at fault.

Wherever your Dad is, receiving Facetime calls can depend on how strong his wifi is (meaning download speeds). His wifi can also be affected by where he lives, i. a condo or standalone home.

IMO checking his router and/or modem might be a good idea.

Aug 28, 2021 1:32 PM in response to Texastango1

I’m having the same problem. My old Generation 5 iPad never had a problem with FaceTime or FaceTime audio. All my WiFi hardware, locations, etc. are exactly the same as I used with old iPad. My brand new iPad Pro drops every call or won’t connect. Just had one session with Apple Support, so I haven’t covered all the ground you have. I’ll continue following up with Apple next week. Hope I have better luck than you. Very frustrating and annoying.

Aug 28, 2021 7:29 PM in response to Tenaculus

I’m sorry you are having the same problem. Apple Repair Center kept my iPad and sent me a refurbished one that had the exact same issue! I returned it too, got it back with a letter saying they performed diagnostics, updated the internal software, and changed the battery and it should be fine. WELL, it is not. Still dropping FT, zoom and Messenger calls. I have about 2 months left on the Warrant. So put out with Apple. Won’t buy another of their products.

FaceTime and Messenger dropping calls or not even being able to connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.