Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So is the “Health” App a Apple App? I run just about every day!I’ve noticed over the past year or

Is the “Heath” App an Apple App? So here is the deal I run just about everyday over the past year and etc. I almost always run for 30 min. Which I run 3.2 miles per each 30 min run. Well over the past 3 or 4 months I’ve noticed when I run my 30 min. run the “Health” App is saying I’m running 4.2 miles to up to 5 miles on each run. Which I thought was great but wonder how true and accurate that is. So after a few of my runs I’ve driving my car the same run I do. My car says it’s typically 3.2 miles. My “Health” App says I’ve run 4.2 miles, 4.5 miles and 5 miles. Just a FYI I always run if different spots around the area I live so typically not in the same area much.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2021 7:26 PM

It is an Apple app. But, the health app also aggregates information from multiple devices and apps. I've had instances of some runs being, well, not quite double counted because of an app and Apple's built in tracking. In theory selecting your app priority in the health app helps. I'll still find some errant data from time to time but it is easily edited. You also have to consider which measures you're using. For example, the walking and running distance aggregates throughout the entire day. So those numbers may be off because you walked a mile during the day too.

Go to Settings > Health > Data Access & Devices to fine tune the information any apps share with health. This guide should help: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203037

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2021 7:26 PM in response to JohnJMac27

It is an Apple app. But, the health app also aggregates information from multiple devices and apps. I've had instances of some runs being, well, not quite double counted because of an app and Apple's built in tracking. In theory selecting your app priority in the health app helps. I'll still find some errant data from time to time but it is easily edited. You also have to consider which measures you're using. For example, the walking and running distance aggregates throughout the entire day. So those numbers may be off because you walked a mile during the day too.

Go to Settings > Health > Data Access & Devices to fine tune the information any apps share with health. This guide should help: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203037

Aug 9, 2021 7:49 PM in response to JohnJMac27

I used endomondo which is now map my run. It's really pretty close for distance and I have that app tied into health so it writes the run distance, etc. into Health. There is some natural variance depending on the side of the street, etc. which can add up over a distance, certainly not an extra mile on 3 but it could be a small, but surprising amount. I have a measured 5k and I'm about a quarter mile from house to start. So roughly 3.6ish miles. I'll get reported back anywhere from 3.5-3.7 most days. Sometimes that's me wandering back and forth across the road or forgetting to start tracking, but it's good enough for me.

So is the “Health” App a Apple App? I run just about every day!I’ve noticed over the past year or

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.