Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

voice

When I type the mac says everything that I type letter by letter. I have already turn off the voiceover. I do not know what to do

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 8:20 AM

Hi tatianacs,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that when you're using your Mac to type, your Mac speaks each letter that you're typing, correct? If so, it sounds like you may have Spoken Content enabled in your Accessibility Preferences. You can go to the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Accessibility > Spoken Content to check if Speak typing feedback is enabled. You can learn more about this feature here: Change Spoken Content preferences for accessibility on Mac

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2021 8:20 AM in response to tatianacs

Hi tatianacs,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that when you're using your Mac to type, your Mac speaks each letter that you're typing, correct? If so, it sounds like you may have Spoken Content enabled in your Accessibility Preferences. You can go to the Apple Menu > System Preferences > Accessibility > Spoken Content to check if Speak typing feedback is enabled. You can learn more about this feature here: Change Spoken Content preferences for accessibility on Mac

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

voice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.