Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch draining fast only while wearing

Hello,

I have a series 5 44mm watch and recently(past 2 weeks) the battery started dying really fast. Before I could use it all day and still have 50% left. Now I use it for about 3-4 hrs and it’s done. I didn’t change anything or do anything to the watch.

since it started I have updated the software, unpaired/repaired it, totally restored it and set it up new. Nothing has seemed to help. The one thing I did notice is that if I take it off the charger and just lay it down and leave it the battery seems to go down at a more normal rate. If I put it on my wrist and wear it then it will drain super fast. Not sure what could be making it do this but it definitely seems to be related to when it’s being worn.

if anyone has experienced this, has any tips or things to try I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2021 4:15 PM

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Update 6.2.1 Battery Draining Too Quickly… - Apple Community

Battery Drain since watchos 7.4 - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.5 battery drain - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2021 4:15 PM in response to Pwhoel

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Update 6.2.1 Battery Draining Too Quickly… - Apple Community

Battery Drain since watchos 7.4 - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.5 battery drain - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

Aug 11, 2021 3:29 AM in response to javaliga

Thanks, I have tried all of these things at least a couple of times but unfortunately can’t get it back to normal. I’m guessing it’s a clutch since I can leave it lay on the counter and it will drain normally but if I wear it it will drain super fast. Just can’t figure out why that might be this way. Guess I will just keep trying to do the steps everyday until something gives.

Aug 15, 2021 5:55 AM in response to Pwhoel

I am having the same problem. Since the update, a week or so ago, I can practically watch the battery go down when I am wearing it. I also have the Series 5. I have tried everything suggested. I should not have to pay $269.00 for Apple to replace the battery. I have been called an Apple junkie because every device and computer we own are Apple. If Apple does not take care of this watch problem, I will never buy another Apple product. I, like many others, am NOT a happy Apple customer now.

Apple Watch draining fast only while wearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.