Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch will unlock one MacBook but not another

I have 2 MacBook Pros. A personal one and one from work. My watch was working fine to unlock my 13" 2018 MBP but not my 16" 2021 MBP. The most recent software update, my watch disappears from the 13". I was able to add it to the 16" but he 13" give an error now:

"Your Apple Watch must be signed in to iCloud to allow it to unlock your Mac" I've tried most things I can find online with keychain, etc and it's not working. Anyone encountered this?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 7:49 AM

I know there are a couple of other threads about this. I've only experienced an issue with mine once, and following the steps in that support document fixed mine. You can try searching for the threads here if you wish and see if anything there helps, you can try posting in one of the Mac forums that match your computer information and see if anyone there can make a recommendation, or you can use the Get Support link a top of the page here to contact Apple Support.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2021 7:49 AM in response to _curtisk

I know there are a couple of other threads about this. I've only experienced an issue with mine once, and following the steps in that support document fixed mine. You can try searching for the threads here if you wish and see if anything there helps, you can try posting in one of the Mac forums that match your computer information and see if anyone there can make a recommendation, or you can use the Get Support link a top of the page here to contact Apple Support.

Apple Watch will unlock one MacBook but not another

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.