Related Article: Use AirPlay to stream audio

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay is not working on my M1 Pro with Big Sur 11.5.1

This seems to be a general issue. Is there a planned fix in the pipeline anytime soon?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 12, 2021 1:46 AM

5 replies

Aug 13, 2021 6:17 AM in response to trehulka

Hi trehulka, 

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. 

We understand that AirPlay isn’t working on your Mac and we’re happy to help! We also see that you already checked out the Apple Support article Use AirPlay to stream audio

To rule out a potential software problem, Update macOS on Mac to the latest supported version macOS Big Sur 11.5.2. If your Mac has not yet been updated make sure to back up your Mac first: How to back up your Mac

If your Mac is already updated and you continue to experience the same problems with AirPlay, follow the steps found in the Apple Support articles below. 

Stream audio and video from your Mac with AirPlay

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device

Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues

Have a nice day. 

Aug 13, 2021 6:46 AM in response to chris_g1

Thanks Chris, just updated to 11.5.2, the issue is still there.

On my M1 Macbook Pro I see the Airplay device in the list of available devices, it also connects to it, however no sound comes out. All my iOS devices Airplay fine to the same device, being on the same network.

My wife's M1 Macbook Air has the same issue.

Also the issue seems to be discussed already across multiple forums, seems like all M1 devices are affected.

Does Apple knows about this? What's the status?

Airplay is not working on my M1 Pro with Big Sur 11.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.