Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2017 (non-touch bar) Kernel Panic when entering sleep.

Hey Guys I hope you will be able to give me some advice about this because it's been concerning me since April.

My MacBook is running Monterey at the moment but even before when it was running BigSur the problem randomly popped up.

Whenever my device enters sleep mode a kernel panic report comes up after attempted wake up or sometimes the MacBook tries to start but lingers on a black screen for a minute then a flashing folder pops up.

BUT this is where it gets interesting, when my device is plugged into power it never happens, and also when it's fully charged. but as soon as the battery dips below 90% or so it happens. Which means I can never start up my computer without having it plugged in.

I live in South Africa and we unfortunately don't have proper Apple Stores, we only have iStores with moderate support structures. I've previously (somewhere in April) taken my Mac in for help and they wiped the software and completely reinstalled a fresh version of BigSur and the problem was solved for a day or 2, but then it just kept on persisting.

I really need a solution because this is my main driver of my student life and I'm currently working on my Thesis. Everything is backed up to iCloud for security but I don't want to live with this looming over me.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards

Renier

I have copied some of my reports.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 11:09 AM

renierstoop2 wrote:

Hey Guys I hope you will be able to give me some advice about this because it's been concerning me since April.

My MacBook is running Monterey at the moment but even before when it was running BigSur the problem randomly popped up.

Whenever my device enters sleep mode a kernel panic report comes up after attempted wake up or sometimes the MacBook tries to start but lingers on a black screen for a minute then a flashing folder pops up.

BUT this is where it gets interesting, when my device is plugged into power it never happens, and also when it's fully charged. but as soon as the battery dips below 90% or so it happens. Which means I can never start up my computer without having it plugged in.

I live in South Africa and we unfortunately don't have proper Apple Stores, we only have iStores with moderate support structures. I've previously (somewhere in April) taken my Mac in for help and they wiped the software and completely reinstalled a fresh version of BigSur and the problem was solved for a day or 2, but then it just kept on persisting.

I really need a solution because this is my main driver of my student life and I'm currently working on my Thesis. Everything is backed up to iCloud for security but I don't want to live with this looming over me.

Kind Regards
Renier

<Crash Reports.log>

See if you qualify:

https://support.apple.com/13-inch-macbook-pro-solid-state-drive-service

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2021 11:09 AM in response to renierstoop2

renierstoop2 wrote:

Kind Regards
Renier

<Crash Reports.log>

See if you qualify:

https://support.apple.com/13-inch-macbook-pro-solid-state-drive-service

MacBook Pro 2017 (non-touch bar) Kernel Panic when entering sleep.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.