Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable Password on child account Free app install

Hey,

just enabled family sharing on ios13.6 device, for my 5 y.o kid, enabled ask for permission feature on purchase as well, still app store prompt for password on child's phone,

this does not makes sense, how come 5 y.o can feed apple ID password ?

tried turning it off on child phone and got error that this feature cant be turned off until child grows over 13 !!!

Please help if anybody faced n was able to resolve this issue, will b really grateful for your support.

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 5:08 AM

Thanks, but still prompt for 5 year kid doesn't make sense from user prospective, i hope Apple will realize this soon !!!!

similar feature of Family LInk on Android is user friendly n sharing more insights.

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 17, 2021 5:45 AM in response to AzeemASKs

I guess it isn't anticipated many people will give 5 year old kids devices worth almost a thousand dollars. I would think if the child is precocious enough to download apps the child could also remember a password. :-)

Good for Android. Remember, the people posting here do not work for Apple, we're just volunteering our time helping other users of Apple products. If you want to buy an Android then be my guest.

Disable Password on child account Free app install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.