Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Even though my number is NOT on the list of blocked callers, Facetime "thinks" I am a blocked contact

Whenever I want to place a Facetime call to my daughter (we have a group chat consisting out of her phone number, my iPhone number as well as my iPad number), Facetime tells me that I am trying to Facetime with a blocked contact. I checked the blocked contacts-list for a) my daughter's number, b) my iPhone number, and c) my iPad number, but none of these are on the list!

However, if my daughter initiates the Facetime call, then we are able to Facetime.

I also don't have any issue Facetiming my daughter from my iPad.

Any ideas of what is going on and how to fix it? I'd be so grateful as this is driving me bonkers!

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 8:15 AM

Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This is about adding and removing telephone numbers, but also shows the Apple ID settings (and a caveat about (best not) sharing an Apple ID):

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

3 replies

Aug 13, 2021 7:55 AM in response to LadySunshine88

Your blocked list matters not here. The recipient’s blocked list is central.

You’ll probably want to use Apple IDs as your FaceTime contact here, and not telephone numbers. Numbers are good for SMS and such, less good for FaceTime.

The iPad telephone number is for billing purposes, and not a number that can be utilized by a user.

Even though my number is NOT on the list of blocked callers, Facetime "thinks" I am a blocked contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.