Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID Not Working

My phone updated to IOS 14.7.1 last night and since the update, my Face ID is no longer working. I restarted my phone. I also tried to reset my Face ID but it says Face ID not available right now, try again later. When I look up how to fix this issue, it says to get a new phone but it seems like it is an IOS issue? Are others having this problem with the new IOS or is their a fix?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2021 10:04 AM

See these support articles:--> If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro – Apple Support

and/or this:--> If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support using this link:--> Get Support

Regards

Giulio

3 replies

Aug 15, 2021 10:10 AM in response to Berkanktk

I talked with others and they are having the same issue, it’s so frustrating not to have Face ID and no option for Touch ID on the newer phones. I have an appt to go to Apple this week. Hopefully they have a solution since none of the above worked. I just don’t want to buy a new phone just because of the update. I wish I could uninstall the update. I’ll let you know if an Apple tech can fix it.

Face ID Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.