You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro M1 and HomePod mini Lag/slow/delay

Either sound is behind or the video is behind on every videoformat on the internet, as well as random disconnections every 10min or so from my estimate. I have reset my router, rebooted MacBook and reset my HomePod, nothing worked. Also Apple Music has enormous lag. I have a great internet so that isn't the issue either. Other forums doesn't have an answer, so unless no answer can be provided here, I then wonder if its possible to get a refund.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 10:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 11:04 AM

YouTube can have some lag but Apple Music or the Apple TV app shouldn’t. When this happens I would force quit the app or browser you’re using and restart the Mac. It’s not happening on my MacBook Air to my HomePod mini or when I’m using my browser to watch my tv channels; I’m using safari. Try another browser also. This may be the culprit.

• Honepods can also be restarted via the Home App.

If you’re not satisfied with the experience and your product is still under warranty you can contact Apple @Get Support or use the Product Feedback page to report the issue.

Also see: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2021 11:04 AM in response to Norrøna

YouTube can have some lag but Apple Music or the Apple TV app shouldn’t. When this happens I would force quit the app or browser you’re using and restart the Mac. It’s not happening on my MacBook Air to my HomePod mini or when I’m using my browser to watch my tv channels; I’m using safari. Try another browser also. This may be the culprit.

• Honepods can also be restarted via the Home App.

If you’re not satisfied with the experience and your product is still under warranty you can contact Apple @Get Support or use the Product Feedback page to report the issue.

Also see: If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device - Apple Support

Macbook Pro M1 and HomePod mini Lag/slow/delay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.