Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP, I keep getting this message: This device wants to use your iCloud account APPROVE "MACBOOK"

I keep getting this message even after I click approve, it just constantly keeps asking, how do I get rid of this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 9:31 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 16, 2021 7:34 AM in response to DriftKr6l

Hi DriftKr6l,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you keep on getting a message that says "This device wants to use your iCloud account" even if you have already approved it on your MacBook.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Have you had the chance to restart your devices?

If yes, we recommend that you check if the issue persists while on safe mode. Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Also, have you had the chance to check if the issue persists on a different user account? The article below can help if you do not have any other user account to test with.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Performing these steps may help resolve the issue, or further isolate the cause of the issue.

Take care!

Aug 16, 2021 7:47 AM in response to DriftKr6l

Method to sign in with same apple id and password in Mac and iPhone .

A message will appear in iPhone your Apple ID is being used to sign in to a Mac book near …location . Two options will be shown allow , do not allow so click on allow .

An apple verification code will appear on iPhone , enter this verification code on your Mac book , click on continue .

In your Mac it will prompt to enter admin password , so enter it and click on ok , the circle will rotate in Apple ID field , wait for a while a window will appear the boxes for use iCloud for your documents and data and use find my Mac boxes are checked by default so click on next and click on allow .

HELP, I keep getting this message: This device wants to use your iCloud account APPROVE "MACBOOK"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.