Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX 12.6 Login message

I have a Mac Studio running on OSX Monterey 12.6. This is the current version unless I decide to optionally upgrade to OSX 16. Every time I start the computer, after I login, a box pops up in the upper right hand corner withe the following message Approve "William's iPhone"? This iPhone wants to use your iCloud account. There is an Option drop-down to Approve or Decline. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max running IOS 15.7, the latest release and it lists both the iPhone and the Mac Studio are my two authorized iCloud devices. Does anybody know how to stop this or is it an OSX 12 bug

Mac Studio, macOS 12.6

Posted on Oct 4, 2022 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2022 2:19 AM

This Pop up you mention is a Normal process and part of the Two Factor Authorization Process as pert of the Trusted Devices aspect or 2FA.

Trusted devices

A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later, or Mac with OS X El Capitan or later that you've already signed in to using two-factor authentication. It’s a device we know is yours and that can be used to verify your identity by displaying a verification code from Apple when you sign in on a different device or browser. An Apple Watch with watchOS 6 or later can receive verification codes when you sign in with your Apple ID, but cannot act as a trusted device for password resets. 

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2022 2:19 AM in response to Bill Schaffel

This Pop up you mention is a Normal process and part of the Two Factor Authorization Process as pert of the Trusted Devices aspect or 2FA.

Trusted devices

A trusted device is an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later, or Mac with OS X El Capitan or later that you've already signed in to using two-factor authentication. It’s a device we know is yours and that can be used to verify your identity by displaying a verification code from Apple when you sign in on a different device or browser. An Apple Watch with watchOS 6 or later can receive verification codes when you sign in with your Apple ID, but cannot act as a trusted device for password resets. 

OSX 12.6 Login message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.