Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my location wrong, I don’t own a computer in ohio change my location?

Why does my location show in Ohio I am not in Ohio, and on a computer l am in Ecorse ? Location And Siri

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 6:23 PM

Where are you seeing your location?

If it's on a website, many guess at your location given your IP address, and that usually indicates the address of your ISP's corporate offices.

For example, I have Comcast and if I go to many websites it thinks I am in Texas but I am not.

If your location is reflected improperly in Maps, that's completely different and could be indicative of a hardware problem with the GPS chip in your phone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2021 6:23 PM in response to MrsJtall

Where are you seeing your location?

If it's on a website, many guess at your location given your IP address, and that usually indicates the address of your ISP's corporate offices.

For example, I have Comcast and if I go to many websites it thinks I am in Texas but I am not.

If your location is reflected improperly in Maps, that's completely different and could be indicative of a hardware problem with the GPS chip in your phone.

Aug 24, 2021 12:24 AM in response to MrsJtall

My mobile Twitter account on my iPhone shows my location as Gahanna, OH, but I have never been there. My location on my iPhone is correct. I have changed my password on Twitter and changed safety settings. I also deleted and reinstalled the Twitter app, but the session still says my location is Gahanna, OH. What can I do?

Why is my location wrong, I don’t own a computer in ohio change my location?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.