Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad has many issues after updating

So this Saturday afternoon my iPad's home button became stiff kinda like a iPhone 7 home button. So I did a update to iOS 14.7.1 and after the update was finished the screen had many different colors appearing on the screen. I went outside and looked at the screen with direct sunlight and there were no marks on the display. I have never dropped this tablet and has been take good care of. Does anyone have an idea of what this could be?

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2021 7:26 PM

Are you able to shut down the iPad and then start it back up again? If YES then does that resolve the Home Button issue? I believe that the Home Button became "Stiff" because your iPad crashed. What I am not sure about is whether the crash caused the display to show multi-colored lines or whether the failing display (Logic board) caused the crash.

Force ReStart your iPad as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

1. Press and hold the top button until the power off slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider, then wait for 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
  3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the top button until you see the Apple logo.

If the above does not help then you may have an hardware issue and I recommend that you have your iPad examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2021 7:26 PM in response to Ihavemanyquestions21

Are you able to shut down the iPad and then start it back up again? If YES then does that resolve the Home Button issue? I believe that the Home Button became "Stiff" because your iPad crashed. What I am not sure about is whether the crash caused the display to show multi-colored lines or whether the failing display (Logic board) caused the crash.

Force ReStart your iPad as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

1. Press and hold the top button until the power off slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider, then wait for 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
  3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the top button until you see the Apple logo.

If the above does not help then you may have an hardware issue and I recommend that you have your iPad examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center.

Axel F.

iPad has many issues after updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.