Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I frequently get MCA error reports. How to get this fixed.

My Macbook frequently gets MCA error reports. I plan to have my Macbook fixed in my local Istore but I really can't figure out what's wrong or what to tell them. It restarts at the most random times and around 4-5 times. Please help.

Here's my macbook pro details

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

2.9 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3'

Macintosh HD

Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

I included an Etrecheck report for your reference.

Thanks! Hoping for a reply!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2021 5:58 AM

MacBook Pro after late 2012 does not have replaceable RAM -- The RAM is soldered to the mainboard for maximum reliability.

So a repair by replacement will replace your mainboard, which includes the RAM, and in your case it also includes the Boot Drive. You MUST have a backup, or you will lose your files.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2021 5:58 AM in response to lmc1998

MacBook Pro after late 2012 does not have replaceable RAM -- The RAM is soldered to the mainboard for maximum reliability.

So a repair by replacement will replace your mainboard, which includes the RAM, and in your case it also includes the Boot Drive. You MUST have a backup, or you will lose your files.

I frequently get MCA error reports. How to get this fixed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.