Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only one AirPod works at a time

I followed the instructions of this article because my left AirPod wasn’t working. But now it’s the right one that won’t work. What is happening?! This used to happen with my old AirPods, but I thought that was because they were a few years old. I’ve had these ones for less than a year and did not expect to encounter this issue again.

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 12:26 PM

1 reply

Aug 17, 2021 8:54 AM in response to iphoneinatx

Hello iphoneinatx.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're experiencing issues when using your AirPods. Specifically, your right AirPod is no longer working. We can understand how this would be an issue. Allow us to investigate this issue and assist in any way we can. We notice that you're coming from a helpful resource below:

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

This is usually a great resource to review for when facing issues with your AirPods. If a reset didn't help, we can share another resource with you. Check out the link below:

If your left or right AirPod isn't working - Apple Support

Another step you might want to consider trying is setting up your AirPods on a different device to further isolate this issue. If this doesn't help and you continue to experience issues when using your AirPods, please reach out to Apple Support for possible options. You can reach them by using the link below:

Get Support

We hope this information is useful. Cheers.

Only one AirPod works at a time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.