Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One air pod won’t connect

A few weeks ago, my left AirPod stopped connecting. I brought it in for repair, and then a week later they finally got them back to me (this was from a jump + store) and they said they had replaced both ear buds for me. As soon as I left I tested them, and found a new issue where the left AirPod was now switching between transparency and noise cancellation mode, making it super uncomfortable to listen to anything. So I just took them to the Apple Genius Bar, where luckily they quickly gave me a new left AirPod. But now; the left won’t connect at all. Needs-less to say I’m a little frustrated. I’ve tried all of the suggested tips for reconnecting and re-setting them; and nothing is working. Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Posted on Aug 16, 2021 4:30 PM

5 replies

Aug 17, 2021 4:54 PM in response to alexfromniagara falls

Hello:) Let me ask this ... is there an Apple store near you? Perhaps it would be best to make an appointment at a genius bar and take them in there. Take a look at info to do so. You are going to know everything about Airpods when you get them fixed or replaced and be able to help others here with same problem.

You can do so from here, http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar Select the store you wish to make your appointment at and then follow the steps. Continue to let us know how it goes.

~Katana-San~

Aug 16, 2021 5:59 PM in response to alexfromniagara falls

Hello:) Wow... you have really been through it. You have done everything I would have done and more...take a look at this link and see if some of the things there help...good luck and if you do more let us know how it turns out as your info could potentially help others as well:

https://www.lifewire.com › fix-when...

Web results

How to Fix It When One AirPod Is Not Working - Lifewire

~Katana-San~

Aug 17, 2021 4:38 PM in response to Katana-San

I finally got it connected! However now, it seems the issue is the case. I also can no longer switch between being connected to my phone and my computer. I used to be able to simply tap the Bluetooth option on each device for my AirPods and it would switch over. That’s not happening anymore. This is taking more effort than I expected! I wonder If Apple will replace them all together?

One air pod won’t connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.