Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backup your most important data

After upgrading to Big Sur, my iPhone sync settings do not save properly in Finder. Specifically, the Backup option will not save to "Back up all the data on your iPhone to this Mac". If I select that option, click Apply, it will revert back to "Back up your most important data on your iPhone to iCloud". I do not want to use iCLoud backup, I had backups to my Mac working perfectly on Catalina.

Posted on Aug 18, 2021 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 4:46 PM

I had been having the same problem and finally saw the solution in the Community. The setting was stuck in my phone. I had chosen not to back up to iCloud but saw the same behavior you did. I chose the iCloud option instead, restarted my phone. Then chose the Mac option and restarted again. Voila! When I backed up the option did NOT switch back to iCloud. Now if I could just figure out why my backup is stuck in reading photos for four hours... I'd be happy.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 4:46 PM in response to danfratamico

I had been having the same problem and finally saw the solution in the Community. The setting was stuck in my phone. I had chosen not to back up to iCloud but saw the same behavior you did. I chose the iCloud option instead, restarted my phone. Then chose the Mac option and restarted again. Voila! When I backed up the option did NOT switch back to iCloud. Now if I could just figure out why my backup is stuck in reading photos for four hours... I'd be happy.

backup your most important data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.