Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pixelated movies

Just noticed all my saved (purchased) movies in iTunes are pixelated. Can't see anything. Audio is fine, even close captions work. No video though. I've not tried to look at movies for several weeks until now. I noticed there was an ITunes update on 11 August. Is that the problem? It's on my HP laptop. I'm Windows 10, Version 21H1. My iTunes is version 12114.15.531119.0

Please help.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 20, 2021 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 5:46 AM

I also had contacted Apple support and they were not very useful at all. They said contact Microsoft (i.e. the company that provides the operating system). It doesn't make sense since they don't have access to the iTunes source code and so couldn't narrow down if the problem was due to an error in the implementation of the system call vs. an error in the device driver vs. an error in the source code. Only Apple can do that. I've contacted Apple support for other issues before and they were helpful so it depends on who you get.

I asked others in this forum who had the same problem what their model of laptop is and I got a wide variety of answers HP, Dell, Lenovo. Some were new models (less than a year) and some were old models (released more than five years ago). The issue seems wide spread (many types of laptops) but not very common. The advice given by turingtest2 above worked for me. I removed the current version and downloaded an older version of iTunes.

You can get older versions here.

https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes

iTunes 12.10.11 for Windows (Windows 64 bit) worked for me.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 5:46 AM in response to za_in_TO

I also had contacted Apple support and they were not very useful at all. They said contact Microsoft (i.e. the company that provides the operating system). It doesn't make sense since they don't have access to the iTunes source code and so couldn't narrow down if the problem was due to an error in the implementation of the system call vs. an error in the device driver vs. an error in the source code. Only Apple can do that. I've contacted Apple support for other issues before and they were helpful so it depends on who you get.

I asked others in this forum who had the same problem what their model of laptop is and I got a wide variety of answers HP, Dell, Lenovo. Some were new models (less than a year) and some were old models (released more than five years ago). The issue seems wide spread (many types of laptops) but not very common. The advice given by turingtest2 above worked for me. I removed the current version and downloaded an older version of iTunes.

You can get older versions here.

https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes

iTunes 12.10.11 for Windows (Windows 64 bit) worked for me.

Sep 1, 2021 11:37 AM in response to Jetman57

The exact same thing happened to me (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253097767) and as others have answered, I went to a previous version and everything is fine.

Do you mind telling me the model of your HP computer? I'll see if I can narrow down the cause of the problem a bit. I have a Dell Inspiron 13-7359.

If you do not know the model of your computer just go to Settings > System > About (at the bottom of column on the left hand side). It will be near the top of that page under the heading "Device Specifications"

You can also get to the same location by pressing the Windows key and then start typing About your PC and it will take you to the same location.

Pixelated movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.