Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't update apps

Recently I've been trying to manually update apps because the apps in question won't automatically update. Every time I try to update or download a free app I get a notice that says "There is a billing problem with a previous purchase" and asks me to update my payment information. I currently do not have any form of payment, but in the past have used prepaid VISAs' to purchase in game currencies in a few apps, but they're all paid for and I have no outstanding bill associated with my apple ID. I just want to update my apps, I'm unable to use certain apps because I haven't updated them. Please tell me how to fix this.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 5:50 PM

Then you need to take the alert from the system seriously that there has been a payment issue and contact Apple directly to clear it up. Otherwise, this issue won't go away and you won't be able to use the App Store nor the iTunes Store.

Get Support -

https://getsupport.apple.com/

3 replies

Aug 22, 2021 3:25 PM in response to jakenpl

Unless you have a NONE option in the payment methods of you account details, you need a valid payment method, even for free apps and updates.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.5.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.6.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.7.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.7.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.7.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.7  HomePods, audioOS 14.7 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

can't update apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.