Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I re-format a (Windows) 6G Classic iPod with a Mac?

Help wanted. I want to restore/format a 120GB 6G Classic iPod (Windows) that I was given (that is perfectly functioning) to erase all music/info and convert to Mac. Problem is that it is/was formatted for Windows and I would like to format it for Mac, using my old Mid-2011 iMac, that runs on OS Sierra (10.12.6), and has iTunes 12.8.2.3. I wouldn't want to upgrade either my OS or iTunes. When I plug the iPod via USB my Mac-iTunes recognise it and I can see all songs, lists etc, but I can not see the summary or the restore/reformat buttons. Do I need to restore / delete all with a Windows computer or can I do it with my Mac? How? Thank you.

iPod Classic

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 6:37 AM

There should be a restore button on the device's summary tab in iTunes. Make sure to select the device with this icon first:

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

How can I re-format a (Windows) 6G Classic iPod with a Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.