Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shazam In Control Center Doesn’t Sync to App

I have Shazam connected to Spotify. I app Shazam when i click to recognise track/song it automatically added into Shazam library and Spotify playlist synced with Shazam.

But when i am using the new button Shazam in control center is great for quickly recognising in the background but it doesn’t add the song to the Shazam app, thusly not syncing to Spotify.

I see only notification and only after when i click on notification it appears in Shazam ... it is very time-wasting.

is any help here?

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 4:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 1:04 AM

I found a solution if we can say that.

You have to do it manually to every song that shazam recognized through control centre.

In Control Centre long press shazams music recognition -> History will appear -> click song, it will open up shazam with the song -> Top left corner press the three dots -> Add to My Music. -> Repeat with all songs that appear in history :)

If someone has an update or another solution please do write it down.

23 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 1:04 AM in response to quiznatodd

I found a solution if we can say that.

You have to do it manually to every song that shazam recognized through control centre.

In Control Centre long press shazams music recognition -> History will appear -> click song, it will open up shazam with the song -> Top left corner press the three dots -> Add to My Music. -> Repeat with all songs that appear in history :)

If someone has an update or another solution please do write it down.

Aug 25, 2021 11:22 AM in response to SnickZ.

Hi, problem is not syncing with Spotify ... when it is in Shazam app it is sync with Spotify.

Problem is, WHEN I ACCESS SHAZAM Button in CONTROL CENTER and shazam the listening track ... it appears only notification on display and on apple watch BUT NOT APPEARS AUTOMATICALLY IN SHAZAM APPLICATION. ONLY AFTER CLICK ON NOTIFICATION AND OPEN IN SHAZAM APP.

I WOULD LIKE TO AFTER CLICK ON SHAZAM RECOGNITION via CONTROL CENTER TO BE AUTOMATICALLY SAVED IN APPLICATION

Thank you

Aug 25, 2021 6:23 AM in response to DJIzzy

Hi DJIzzy,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. 

We see that you are having an issue with Shazam syncing with Spotify. We want to help. To make sure that everything is set up properly, please look at this article that talks about how to Use Shazam with Apple Music, Snapchat, and more - Apple Support

You want to look under the "Spotify" section.

If you need further assistance with this after following those steps, you can Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Best Regards!

Mar 3, 2022 3:41 PM in response to Wicho_p

I had the same issue (especially now CarPlay is silenced from the core Shazam app) and am grateful for this workaround. The turned it into an iOS shortcut. Action is Shazam It, then Open URL with x-callback and choose the Shazam URL (which can be buggy in itself, might try title first and then Shazam URL)... I now have a shortcut called Shazam that adds the song to the core app (which then syncs to Spotify ;)

And I now tested it again and it did not get added to the My Music list.. perhaps someone knows how to fix that?

May 17, 2022 12:46 PM in response to DJIzzy

Another workaround is to ditch the Control Center shortcut and use the original Shazam app instead.

It still has the ability to sync with Spotify. Just put it on one of your home screens.

I for one had no idea there was no feature parity between the two, and have been at a loss for half a year as to why it wouldn’t sync like the app always did.

Shazam In Control Center Doesn’t Sync to App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.