Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ex hacked my email and excepted an invite to a family group.

My ex sent me a family invite and I didn’t expect it. He ended up hacking my gmail account and I excepted the invite. Immediately a home app started and he is hacking my life. I made a new gmail and Apple ID but even now with changing my entire modem and passwords, it’s still showing he has a connection to my phone. I emailed gmail and they said they can’t verify my account but that is because he changed my stuff. It’s to a point I hate even using my phone. I need to get him off my stuff. Yes, he had access to my phone during the time it happened but I had a passcode. My phone has this home app that he controls and he has something that’s a home hub on my Apple TV, iPad, all our phones and electronics. I didn’t agree to this and I’ve tried to get it off my electronics. He works at LinkedIn in security so he’s smart. Please, I need help. He had three family members that worked at Apple and it’s showing their contacts on my home hub app too. I never initially set any of this up. How can I remove his access to my life. I can’t even change stuff because the prompts tell me my Apple ID doesn’t match the one that’s being used. That’s because I haven’t had control of that email or my hotmail he hacked. Please I need someone to help. I’m a single mom and I need to know we’re safe. What can I do to get the information and details about what’s happening

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2021 7:23 PM

You will lose some data, but have you tried doing a factory reset of your phone and other devices to remove everything, and not restoring from a backup?

Restore to Factory setting.  

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      *

Security and your Apple ID.   *

Device and Data Access when Personal Safety is At Risk    -

Checklist: If you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts  *

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 24, 2021 7:23 PM in response to Jen-1122

You will lose some data, but have you tried doing a factory reset of your phone and other devices to remove everything, and not restoring from a backup?

Restore to Factory setting.  

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      *

Security and your Apple ID.   *

Device and Data Access when Personal Safety is At Risk    -

Checklist: If you want to see if anyone else has access to your device or accounts  *

Aug 26, 2021 6:45 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you so much for the detailed answer. I don’t know to much about technology, well, compared to him. I haven’t reset it yet. I actually got so sick of it today that I deleted every photo off my phone and turned wifi and cellular date off to almost all my apps. I can’t regain control back to my gmail and I’ve written emails to every dept I thought could help. Thank you for the advice and all the links. Very appreciated.

My ex hacked my email and excepted an invite to a family group.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.