Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hacking or invasion of privacy

so I share a line with my soon to be ex-husband he’s very good with computers he’s somehow able to install on our family plan where he can stop people from contacting me or me contacting them how do I change that? Also why are some numbers green blue or gray I don’t believe it’s that you haven’t contacted them in a while my green ones are ones that he would have somewhat good interest in reading my messages or something of that nature the gray I feel like it’s people that would’ve been deleted all together and the blue are people that it’s OK to text back-and-forth with me ,if I’m wrong great I would love to be wrong. however he is openly admitted certain person he made that I cannot contact or him to me whatsoever that person is green ! I’ve tested it a few times and know that I’ve tried to send messages to certain people and they don’t get them or go through most of the time those people are green and I personally did not delete any of them it seems to be people he does not want me to contact he’s very very good with computers I’m just curious technology is not my strong suit!!!!

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 10:35 PM

tmartinez29 Said:

"Hacking or invasion of privacy: so I share a line with my soon to be ex-husband he’s very good with computers he’s somehow able to install on our family plan where he can stop people from contacting me or me contacting them how do I change that? [...]I personally did not delete any of them it seems to be people he does not want me to contact he’s very very good with computers I’m just curious technology is not my strong suit!!!!"

-------

Restore to Factory Settings:

If you are so concerned, then reset your iPhone to factory settings. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Backing Up Items:

Note that all downloads would be lost. So, make a note of Apps that were downloaded. Also, enable items in iCloud, so that all is backed up. As an example, here is how to backup Contacts...

I. Enable Contacts in iCloud Settings:

Is Contacts enabled in iCloud Settings? If not, then enable it, and see if it pops up. If so, then it is gone amongst all devices associated to your Apple ID. So, to enable it:

A. Enabling on an iPhone:

Enable Contacts in iCloud:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: your name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

and...

B. Enable on a Mac:

Is Contacts enabled in Apple ID on your Mac? If not, enable it.

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Apple ID
  3. Enable: Contacts

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 10:35 PM in response to tmartinez29

tmartinez29 Said:

"Hacking or invasion of privacy: so I share a line with my soon to be ex-husband he’s very good with computers he’s somehow able to install on our family plan where he can stop people from contacting me or me contacting them how do I change that? [...]I personally did not delete any of them it seems to be people he does not want me to contact he’s very very good with computers I’m just curious technology is not my strong suit!!!!"

-------

Restore to Factory Settings:

If you are so concerned, then reset your iPhone to factory settings. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Backing Up Items:

Note that all downloads would be lost. So, make a note of Apps that were downloaded. Also, enable items in iCloud, so that all is backed up. As an example, here is how to backup Contacts...

I. Enable Contacts in iCloud Settings:

Is Contacts enabled in iCloud Settings? If not, then enable it, and see if it pops up. If so, then it is gone amongst all devices associated to your Apple ID. So, to enable it:

A. Enabling on an iPhone:

Enable Contacts in iCloud:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: your name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

and...

B. Enable on a Mac:

Is Contacts enabled in Apple ID on your Mac? If not, enable it.

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Apple ID
  3. Enable: Contacts

Feb 16, 2022 10:29 PM in response to tmartinez29

First off read the following link so you can get out of family sharing -> Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

After you do this change the passcode on your iPhone, your Apple ID password. and any others that are important to you. you might want to make a Genius Bar appointment to get help -> Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Next get off of his phone plan and open one of your own.

Blue bubble texts are iMessages, i.e. ones to and from people who have iPhones.

Green bubble texts are SMS texts, mostly people who do not have iPhones.

If you send a message to someone with an iPhone and it changes to green it means they are not connected to cell data and WiFi. The issue is on their end.

I doubt your soon to be ex is near as good with computers as you think he is. If you have a women's shelter in your area they can also help you get some local expertise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.