Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro M1 Chip is Dead after a Month!

Hi Support Team,

I am from Pakistan.

I just buy a new Macbook Pro M1 one month ago.

Few days back Its working fine I use my mac on daily base for work then only for two days i not use my macbook because i am a little bit busy in some other works then when i again try to use my macbook 3rd day. the macbook not starting.

I try everything but nothing worked!

It only work for 1 month and its warranty is still available.

The main purpose of buying Apple product is just to keep my data secure because I think the data in the mac is always safe but its not true.

I go to the office of Future Tech in My City they ask me to wait 2 days for checking the issue after 2 days I again visit office and they said "The Macbook Board is Dead"

They agree to repair in 15 to 20 days.

But the main issue i face is they said All the data in my Macbook will waste.

I have many important things in my Macbook and really dont wanna use Apple product if My data will loss. I have a request to please help me.

I not found any Live chat option to discuss the issue related to my macbook.

I did nothing and how it is possible the macbook is dead?

Its not a Good thing that They fix my Macbook

What i do if all my data is lost?

I not uploaded all the data in icloud its in local drive. We daily create lots of new file and not possible to daily delete and upload on icloud.

Its my 1st experience and even in 1 month i lost everything

Apple support must answer how it is possible your system is dead without anything

its working perfect no issue i see and just i not use it for 2 days and it dead :(

Please tell me what i do to recover my all data.

Now my macbook is in office of Future Tech for repair. I will wait 15 to 20 days but please its request to help me how can i restore my macbook with all my dAta in it.

I have my lot of files and data in my macbook.

I am thanksful for your Time and Support.

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 10:00 AM

You are responsible for your data. You must always keep a backup of your data. Apple is not responsible for your data. If they changed the logic board and you did not have a backup of your data the data is gone.

Similar questions

8 replies

Aug 25, 2021 9:48 AM in response to ShahZaib05

ShahZaib05 wrote:

Hi Support Team,
I am from Pakistan.
I just buy a new Macbook Pro M1 one month ago.
Few days back Its working fine I use my mac on daily base for work then only for two days i not use my macbook because i am a little bit busy in some other works then when i again try to use my macbook 3rd day. the macbook not starting.
I try everything but nothing worked!
It only work for 1 month and its warranty is still available.
The main purpose of buying Apple product is just to keep my data secure because I think the data in the mac is always safe but its not true.
I go to the office of Future Tech in My City they ask me to wait 2 days for checking the issue after 2 days I again visit office and they said "The Macbook Board is Dead"
They agree to repair in 15 to 20 days.
But the main issue i face is they said All the data in my Macbook will waste.
I have many important things in my Macbook and really dont wanna use Apple product if My data will loss. I have a request to please help me.
I not found any Live chat option to discuss the issue related to my macbook.
I did nothing and how it is possible the macbook is dead?
Its not a Good thing that They fix my Macbook
What i do if all my data is lost?
I not uploaded all the data in icloud its in local drive. We daily create lots of new file and not possible to daily delete and upload on icloud.
Its my 1st experience and even in 1 month i lost everything
Apple support must answer how it is possible your system is dead without anything
its working perfect no issue i see and just i not use it for 2 days and it dead :(
Please tell me what i do to recover my all data.
Now my macbook is in office of Future Tech for repair. I will wait 15 to 20 days but please its request to help me how can i restore my macbook with all my dAta in it.
I have my lot of files and data in my macbook.
I am thanksful for your Time and Support.

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

it is always advised, if you value your user data to make backups. hardware/software can fail at any time.

3-2-1 Backup Strategy: three copies of your data, two different methods, and one offsite.

You can Try the "consumer grade" DataRescue5 https://www.prosofteng.com/mac-data-recovery/

or

Other professional data recovery service such as:

Ontrack Data a Professional Data Recovery Service: https://www.ontrack.com/

Drive Savers https://drivesaversdatarecovery.com/

vendors provide free estimates and both are recommended by Apple.

Always work from a copy, you do not want to risk further damage the original files or drive.

Aug 25, 2021 10:52 AM in response to ShahZaib05

It is not advised to wait for a catastrophic failure to get the 'backup religion.'

If the Mac is not longer in your procession, and the logic board is being replaced—face the fact your data is gone.

There are many ways to backup your data—for future reference as you move forward.

—iCloud is a sync service for the basic built in apps What is iCloud? - Apple Support

—Time Machine https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

—boot clone Mac Backup Software | Carbon Copy Cloner | Bombich Software

—third party cloud back up service The best backup software for Mac 2020 - Macworld UK

Aug 26, 2021 2:49 PM in response to Allan Jones

I am thanksful for your time but I do my best before questioning here.

Can you guide me how can i call them?

I contact them many time but call auto disconnect and show "Call not connect"

For our country Pakistan they given instruction like this

Pakistan

Dial 00800 01001 first, 

then dial 800 361 0479

now i tried to call with same method mentioned but not worked!

Aug 25, 2021 9:56 AM in response to leroydouglas

Hi There,

Thanks a Lot for your time.

I see your guide about recovery but what apple did for us?

Its not our fault that the Board is dead We trust the product and buy it and transfer all our data then why not apple provide a recovery support?

The Apple office i visit they simply ask it is not possible to recover your data, they said we are changing your mac board and by this all data is lost.

If we talk about window system Even window is corrupts still They recover our data but here we have only 1 office in our city and they simply said its not possible to restore

Its their responsibility to do it for us because its still in warranty.

I have warranty of 1 year and it only work 1 month.

And about data recovery guide you tell not work becuase according to the person who guide me said that He change the board of macbook and add a new board in it.

now how any software able to recover my data even the data is in old board.

I really worried for it

Aug 26, 2021 2:47 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

Hi There,

I understand You but we preffer apple because they offer powerful system that not easily dead

then how even in one month my mac is dead?

About data in window even window is dead we still recover data then why not in mac?

I am trying to call Apple support on their number and when i call it show "Call not connect" and the number they given will not worked!

Aug 26, 2021 2:53 PM in response to leroydouglas

I appreciate your time,

But can i no more user mac?

Because from last 6 year i am using Window Trust me not face any issue like this

After move on in Mac its work for 1 month only

Whats the reason behind it?

In Window many time my system is down and i go to repair shop they fix and they also help to recover data from hard disk but in mac what happend to our hard disk?

is their nothing in apple that can help to recover!

If apple store everything using internet on Icloud

then We also have Google drive why anyone pay too much money for it?

My Macbook Pro M1 Chip is Dead after a Month!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.