You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro not taking my Apple ID password or my verffication code?

my macbook not taking my apple id password and wont pop the verification code bar up i don't know what to do?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 7:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2021 7:15 PM

zeke288 Said:

"my macbook not taking my apple id password and wont pop the verification code bar up i don't know what to do?"

-------

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Perhaps CAPS Lock is enabled, somehow? Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2021 7:15 PM in response to zeke288

zeke288 Said:

"my macbook not taking my apple id password and wont pop the verification code bar up i don't know what to do?"

-------

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Perhaps CAPS Lock is enabled, somehow? Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

macbook pro not taking my Apple ID password or my verffication code?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.