Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud email alias setup paradox

I am having a problem with iCloud Mail. In my iPhone Settings, it says I have an iCloud email address already, which appears to be accurate - I can send and receive from it in the Mail app on my phone. However, I want to create an alias email so I can use my name and not my handle. To do this I have to log into iCloud in Safari and click on Mail. I don’t have a Mail option on this page, and according to the support file, this means I DON’T have an iCloud email and I have to create one - and the only way to do this is to go through Settings on my iPhone. Which I can’t do because I already have an iCloud email set up. What am I doing wrong?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 26, 2021 4:38 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 27, 2021 6:19 AM in response to PantheraUncia76

Hello PantheraUncia76.

Thanks for your post in Apple Support Communities about setting up an iCloud email alias. You mentioned you did try to log in to your iCloud account through Safari, but don't see Mail as an option. However, you do have it available on your iPhone.

First, make sure you are signing in at the iCloud website with the same Apple ID that is set up on your iPhone.

Were these the steps you already walked through?

Use email aliases on iCloud.com

We'd also recommend walking through the steps in this article under the section titled 'If you can't access iCloud Mail at iCloud.com':

If iCloud Mail isn't working

We look forward to hearing how it goes.

Warm regards.

Aug 27, 2021 6:35 AM in response to Soosie_J215

Thank you for replying so quickly. I made sure I was using the correct Apple ID, read all the support material again, and rechecked my settings on my iPhone and on Safari. I have done everything correctly. I still can’t see the ‘Mail’ option on my account page on Safari, and my iPhone settings are correct - Mail is turned on in iCloud and I have verified that I have an email address I can send and receive through.

I started a support discussion because I read all the support materials yesterday and checked all my settings were as required, but no matter what I do, the paradox continues. According to my phone I have a working, active iCloud email address. According to my account settings in Safari, I do not have a working, active iCloud email address. Please respond to my actual problem, not with support links based on key words in my message. I am here because something is wrong with my account!

Aug 27, 2021 7:48 AM in response to PantheraUncia76

Thanks for your response with the additional information PantheraUncia76.

Since you've already walked through the steps we provided, next would be to make sure to test your iCloud account from another web browser entirely. That will further rule out the issue is your web browser or computer. If Mail still doesn't show once you log in to the iCloud website from another browser, next would be to speak with our support team.

Our support team will be able to look at your account to see why you aren't able to use Mail from the iCloud website.

Reach out to our dedicated support teams here:

Get Support - Apple

Take care.

iCloud email alias setup paradox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.