Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Default iCloud Email Address using iPhone

I created an alias email address in my Apple iCloud account and this alias is selected as the default "Send from address."

If I send an email from my iMac the sender's name is shown as the alias email address, but if I send it from my iPhone (IOS 16.2) the sender's name is shown as my Apple ID/email address.

I want the sender of all emails, irrespective of the device use to send the email, to show the alias email address, but I cannot find a setting on my phone or iCloud to change it for emails sent from my phone.

Please assist.

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 8:31 AM

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities Brian,

When sending an email message from your iPhone, tap the "From" field to select the address you wish to send from.

If you'd like to see additional options in the future, we recommend providing feedback for Apple: Apple - Product Feedback

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 15, 2023 3:15 PM in response to mikeg28806

Thank you mikeg28806, quite a simple solution.

On the basis that the alias email address is automatically selected when sending from my Mac, I would have expected the From address to also automatically select the alias address from my phone. After all, the alias address is selected as the default From address in iCloud. It doesn't make any sense, but it resolves my query.

Default iCloud Email Address using iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.