Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This does not address the issue of a Mac mini which will not recognize my BT keyboard. I cannot check anything if I cannot even get past the keyboard box, right? C'mon.

If my new Mac Mini will not find or recognize my BT keyboard/mouse, there is no alternative other than using a wired setup to at least initially address the issue, right?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 8:54 AM

Agreed...it is big bucks, but I have several Minis and BT connecting (alone) has always been a bit of a bumpy issue. Obviously, that's why Apple has decided to include a wired option. I'm not at home, so I'll spring for the new shiny one, LOL. The last thing I need is another cheapie KB sitting in a box at home. :)

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2021 8:54 AM in response to den.thed

Agreed...it is big bucks, but I have several Minis and BT connecting (alone) has always been a bit of a bumpy issue. Obviously, that's why Apple has decided to include a wired option. I'm not at home, so I'll spring for the new shiny one, LOL. The last thing I need is another cheapie KB sitting in a box at home. :)

Aug 27, 2021 8:18 AM in response to den.thed

There is no wire. This is a wireless BT keyboard. Either the mini sees it or it doesn't and it does not see it. The pairing light just blinks forever. I cannot access the computer because I can't even login with my screen password. The only way I see to resolve this is to buy a wired keyboard, at least until I can get logged in and check system preferences.

This does not address the issue of a Mac mini which will not recognize my BT keyboard. I cannot check anything if I cannot even get past the keyboard box, right? C'mon.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.