Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD+R stuck in my MBPro

I inserted a dvd into my trusty old MacBook Pro and it will not eject. Ive been on the forums and have tried to use a few of the solutions there but it appears that they are for the older iOS. I'm running Catalina 10.15.7.

Help and thanks in advance!

macbook Pro 15" mid 2012

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 10:05 AM

airgord1g wrote:

I inserted a dvd into my trusty old MacBook Pro and it will not eject. Ive been on the forums and have tried to use a few of the solutions there but it appears that they are for the older iOS. I'm running Catalina 10.15.7.

macbook Pro 15" mid 2012

Many options here:

-dragging and dropping the icon for the CD into your trashcan

- Restart the computer and after the chime (older computers) press and hold down the left mouse button until the disc ejects.

- Press the Eject/Esc button on your keyboard.

- Click on the Eject button in the menubar, Finder>File>Eject

- Press Command E

Restart the computer enter reboot at the prompt or shutdown

- restart hold down trackpad button

- Open the Terminal application in your Applications/Utilities folder. copy & paste the following:

/usr/bin/drutil eject

If all this fails then try this:

- Boot the computer into single user mode—hold down Command S through the boot process— at the prompt copy & paste:

/usr/bin/drutil eject 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2021 10:05 AM in response to airgord1g

airgord1g wrote:

macbook Pro 15" mid 2012

Many options here:

-dragging and dropping the icon for the CD into your trashcan

- Restart the computer and after the chime (older computers) press and hold down the left mouse button until the disc ejects.

- Press the Eject/Esc button on your keyboard.

- Click on the Eject button in the menubar, Finder>File>Eject

- Press Command E

Restart the computer enter reboot at the prompt or shutdown

- restart hold down trackpad button

- Open the Terminal application in your Applications/Utilities folder. copy & paste the following:

/usr/bin/drutil eject

If all this fails then try this:

- Boot the computer into single user mode—hold down Command S through the boot process— at the prompt copy & paste:

/usr/bin/drutil eject 

DVD+R stuck in my MBPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.