Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod touch 6th generation with swollen battery

I have had 3 ipod touch 6th generation with swollen battery after about 18 months am I unlucky or doing something wrong

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 3:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 10:30 AM

In that case I think you should contact Bose and find out if they have any opinion. If it helps, mention this discussion, although I do not speak for Apple, nor do I carry any weight with Bose. I'm simply a fellow user of both Bose and Apple products.

My personal opinion is that to have one swollen battery is unlucky, to have two is unusual, but to have three means that you need to get to the bottom of the issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2021 10:30 AM in response to rae97

In that case I think you should contact Bose and find out if they have any opinion. If it helps, mention this discussion, although I do not speak for Apple, nor do I carry any weight with Bose. I'm simply a fellow user of both Bose and Apple products.

My personal opinion is that to have one swollen battery is unlucky, to have two is unusual, but to have three means that you need to get to the bottom of the issue.

Aug 31, 2021 11:18 AM in response to rae97

I don't see how anyone can offer you a definitive explanation.

Perhaps all you can do is rule out anything you might be doing.

• are you using an unconventional charging method or a basic USB charger? In other words, how do you charge your iPod?
    • are you leaving the iPod in a hot place, such as a car? Even on modest sunny days, the temperature in a car can become very high, which is not ideal for the battery
    • have you dropped the iPod, either causing significant damage to the casing (a dent for example) or simply just a very severe drop onto a hard surface. Either situation may have dented the battery, which could cause it to swell
    • is there anything else unconventional that you might be doing?

ipod touch 6th generation with swollen battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.