Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send photos to non-iMessage users (but used to be able to!)

Over the past 6 months I've lost the ability to send photos to friends who are not iPhone users. I get a failed delivery message regardless of device of origin: iPhone or iMac. I have cellular data turned on, "Send as SMS" turned on and "MMS Messaging" turned on. I have reset all settings on my phone and still...cannot send photos. How can this be addressed? Honestly it's super frustrating as I use this feature sometimes for work and have to find ways around it. Carrier is Verizon and I have an iPhone 8 using iOS 14.71.

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 1:27 PM

amydw1 wrote:

Over the past 6 months I've lost the ability to send photos to friends who are not iPhone users. I get a failed delivery message regardless of device of origin: iPhone or iMac. I have cellular data turned on, "Send as SMS" turned on and "MMS Messaging" turned on. I have reset all settings on my phone and still...cannot send photos. How can this be addressed? Honestly it's super frustrating as I use this feature sometimes for work and have to find ways around it. Carrier is Verizon and I have an iPhone 8 using iOS 14.71.

MMS is Verizon feature, let them know.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 1:27 PM in response to amydw1

amydw1 wrote:

MMS is Verizon feature, let them know.

Cannot send photos to non-iMessage users (but used to be able to!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.