📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 swollen battery

I purchased an iPhone 12 for my daughter 20 months ago under contract and her battery has swollen which is pushing the screen forward. She took it into the Apple shop in Belfast today and was told by the technician that the battery needed replaced at a cost of £70 as it was swollen. He informed her that some of the iPhone 12 was sold with faulty batteries and some have presented in this form. She also enquired about the cost of replacing the screen and was told that would cost £300 or more depending if other faults where found! He advised her to purchase another phone! I thought if an iPhone is sold faulty then it should be either fixed to the correct specifications or replaced by Apple?Am I correct and has anyone else had this issue?

iPhone 12

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 11:58 AM

Similar questions

12 replies

Sep 4, 2021 8:38 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence I’m not one of these people that make up stories to annoy people but I was only asking for help. If you work for iPhone then maybe you can check that my request was about a swollen battery in iphone 11 I have a disability which affects my brain so I can only guess I must of been thinking about an iPhone 12 instead of iPhone 11 and typed it instead. My daughter had been talking to me about purchasing an iPhone 12. I don’t use voicemail because it’s troublesome for me and I don’t block unknown callers incase my neurologist is contacting me as I tried it before and this is what happened. Thanks everyone for the help that you all gave me.

Sep 4, 2021 8:46 AM in response to Katrina1969

No one responding in this thread in this user-to-user forum works for Apple. From experience, Apple will usually replace a phone whose battery has swollen by replacing the phone for the cost of a battery if the phone is out of warranty, and free if the phone is within warranty, unless there is other damage to the phone. Further the UK’s consumer protection law may also cover the replacement, but you need to work with Apple support. Only Apple can do this, however, not other service providers. So you need to either visit an Apple store or persist with the Get Support link at the top of this page.

iPhone 12 swollen battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.