Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to safely back up voice memos from iPhone 7 Plus to Mackbook Pro 2019

Hi, I have several hours of stories a young friend dictated on Voice Memos on my iPhone 7 Plus that I don’t dare lose! I would like to back the whole thing up on my MacBook Pro 2019. I remember reading that backing it up on iTunes might not be secure if I then delete it from my phone. It’s also in my Ipad, which is synced with my phone.

I wanted to just back up my iPhone, and the voice memos with it, onto my MacBook without using iTunes, but when I looked for the phone under the Finder menu, it didn’t show up. Only iTunes showed up, and the only option I had was whether to encrypt or not.

Does anyone know if there is a way to back up all the voice memos at one without using iTunes, with or without the rest of the content in the phone? Obviously I know very little about any of this, and I’d appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance!

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 5:41 PM

Hi Elaine,

You can easily just airdrop the audio onto your laptop. I believe this is the easiest way to do it because audio files are not too big.

Share a recording in Voice Memos on iPhone - Apple Support (Here is the offical Apple Support Guide)

Good Luck,

Anson

Similar questions

2 replies

How to safely back up voice memos from iPhone 7 Plus to Mackbook Pro 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.