Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen issue in MacBook Pro 13inch

I have a screen issue. It is MacBook Pro 13inch  2019. Last night my Macbook still worked normally. In the morning when I opened it. The screen was pink, color distortion, vertical bars, and flickering. I wiped the screen groove, it will appear pink bar on screen too.I never had any problems before. I maintained it well. Sometimes when I turn it on, the screen is normal, but if I move, it will show a pink screen. I asked at the iCenter, and he said that the screen is deteriorating and I have to pay around 615$ for fix it. It’s not even used for 2 years. I'm taking care of my Macbook very well. I think it's not my fault to spend unnecessary money. Is there any responsibility in this case?

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 10:40 AM

To me that looks like a video chipset issue, not a defective display. If you connect an external monitor and the defects persist, that is a chipset issue—changing the display will not help.

On the other hand, if the video artifact come and goes as you change the angle on the display, the display cable is probably defective. Unfortunately. the entire display assembly is one sealed unit so a new cable means a new display assembly, and you have a quotation on that.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2021 10:40 AM in response to Thanpicha

To me that looks like a video chipset issue, not a defective display. If you connect an external monitor and the defects persist, that is a chipset issue—changing the display will not help.

On the other hand, if the video artifact come and goes as you change the angle on the display, the display cable is probably defective. Unfortunately. the entire display assembly is one sealed unit so a new cable means a new display assembly, and you have a quotation on that.

Screen issue in MacBook Pro 13inch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.