Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing information in the Library of older computer backup

Due to beach balling on my Mojave iMac I had to wipe it and reinstall the OS and it is working MUCH better -- I not only had a TimeMachine backup of the old drive but also two SuperDuper backups as well.

I need to get a few things from the user Library of the old drive == but TimeMachine running in the new machine won't go back that far. And when I boot into the old drive using the SD Clone it acts as it did before = beach balling even in System Preferences. So I am having the devil of a time getting things from the Old library which I would like/need.

I did not do a Migration or any such because it was not clear what was the issue and the new bare install is working fine. But how do I access what I need on the old drive when Library is a hidden folder ?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2021 10:18 AM

Open your home folder on the clone, choose Go to Folder from the Finder's Go menu, and provide Library as the path.

(204266)

Similar questions

2 replies

Accessing information in the Library of older computer backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.