Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing time machine backup from previous iMac

My old 27" iMac (using Catalina) bit the bullet . I have a new 24" iMac and I have been trying to access the time machine backups (made to a networked Synology) but I cannot seem to load it. Time Machine on the new machine only shows me time machine backups made on the new iMac (of which there are none so far... I have not completed setup). I can navigate to the backup using Finder, I can show package contents within the backupbundle... I just can't mount it. There are some folders, files, databases within this backup that I need but I have been unable to get to them. Last backup was in early November when the iMac drive died.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 4:32 PM

Open TM then use shift-command-c which should open your drive structure. Click on your Macintosh HD drive. You can then click through to your user name and find files back in time.

Similar questions

2 replies

Accessing time machine backup from previous iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.