Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud crashes with Windows 11

Hey, I wanted to use iCloud on my PC, but when I try to login, the login window becomes blank, crashes and opens up again some seconds later. Then I can see the login fields again for several seconds until it crashes again. This repeats three times and then it won't try again. I use Windows 11 (latest beta build) with the Windows Store Version of iCloud and would love to get any help.

Aaron

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 5, 2021 12:33 AM

40 replies

Feb 3, 2022 3:44 AM in response to wilf21

Reinstalled iCloud for Windows. Cannot sign in at all unless I run iCloud as administrator. I go through the whole signing-in process including getting an auth code from my primary Apple device, and then it tells me "cannot sign in because there is a problem verifying the identity of this Mac". Never had this before in all the iCloud for Windows problems, but it won't go away so I cannot even now sign in to iCloud, let alone get it to work. Just to confirm, this is a Windows 11 PC, not a Mac. I'm giving up.

Sep 6, 2021 5:12 AM in response to rdmtz

Hi rdmtz,

We understand you're experiencing issues running iCloud for Windows on your computer. According to Download iCloud for Windows, this program is only supported up to Windows 10 at this time.

Since Windows 11 hasn't been officially released yet and you're experiencing issues while using beta software, we'd recommend reaching out to the developers at Microsoft for any further assistance. You may be able to reach them via Microsoft Support.

All the best.

May 6, 2022 7:58 AM in response to rdmtz

I had the same configuration and problem.

I installed the Windows 8 version and it works.

You can download from the Apple page Download iCloud for Windows - Apple Support

Search "On Windows 7 and Windows 8, you can ...."

Or here is the actual direct link https://updates.cdn-apple.com/2020/windows/001-39935-20200911-1A70AA56-F448-11EA-8CC0-99D41950005E/iCloudSetup.exe

Leo.

Nov 29, 2021 6:13 AM in response to rdmtz

It worked for me too....

I tried also to change the settings of every .exe located in iCloud application folder, with the flag checked "run as adiministrator"

I hope this fix will be ok for the next days and that the next iCloud update solve this bad problem.

Dec 9, 2021 2:25 PM in response to barberlives123

Hey guys, solved. The issue is not an Apple issue , as usual, is an update provided by Microsoft, is one of the optional I believe, I reinstall completely my machine and after first clean restart in Windows 11 I installed iCloud, worked perfectly. And from there step by step until I crash it. Resolution: the update from the screenshot is the faulty one. And there comes a good news...I hope for everyone, but in my case simple uninstall and defer later installation fixed the issue. At the moment I'm writing this I'm at the point continuing installation on my machine, Office etc...but I was too happy not to share it :D

Force be with you!

PS: have anyone chance to search a similar article on Microsoft KD I would like to post the solution in there too? it would be good to help the other people too.

Nov 18, 2021 1:08 PM in response to GCCJR

Well, update. Thank you, it finally worked when I ran the newly installed iCloud as administrator. Then the login window persisted and I was able to set everything up. After that, it runs ok with normal permissions. Before setting the windowsapps permissions as described by rdmtz, running iCloud as administrator would not work. At last. But it of course should just work without all those mods being necessary.

Jan 21, 2022 11:33 AM in response to wilf21

iCloud was working for me with Windows 11 until around 1/12 - 1/13 - when the last photos that got sync'd from my phone . Now it doesn't work and no amount of re-installing, rolling back updates, or anything else will get it going. Same with the iTunes app. Some Win11 update around the 12th broke it, but the update mentioned earlier didn't show up on my machine, so I cannot get it working again unless I start from scratch or possibly roll back to Win10. I have another Win11 migrated computer with the old iTunes (not from the MS Store), where iTunes works but the iCloud-MS-Store app doesn't. So, I think Microsoft broke those "Store Apps" with some update. Who knows when this will get fixed.

iCloud crashes with Windows 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.