Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Line spacing

I am having a problem, new to my many years of experience with Pages software, with line spacing. I am set on "single spacing." But when I hit return, rather than the cursor going right under the line I have just typed it goes to what I would consider a double-line-space away. I get single spacing if the typing of the line is so long the line goes, without hitting return, onto the next line. But I can't get the nice tight blocks of single spaced writing with partial lines. Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2021 11:45 AM

In Pages v11.1, I can write a short sentence and with spacing set to Lines 1, a return begins a new line immediately after the existing sentence.

Without changing that preceding spacing setting but change the After Paragraph setting from 0 pt, which overrides the Spacing setting from the first Paragraph and the next line appears by the After Paragraph amount below the first.

If this is not your issue, then I cannot reproduce it here on macOS 11.5.2 with the current Pages.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2021 11:45 AM in response to MorninDownSouth

In Pages v11.1, I can write a short sentence and with spacing set to Lines 1, a return begins a new line immediately after the existing sentence.

Without changing that preceding spacing setting but change the After Paragraph setting from 0 pt, which overrides the Spacing setting from the first Paragraph and the next line appears by the After Paragraph amount below the first.

If this is not your issue, then I cannot reproduce it here on macOS 11.5.2 with the current Pages.

Line spacing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.