Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone battery health is draining fast

I have problem with my battery i bougt the device before only 7 months and the battery health is 96%! It should be 100% or atleast 99%!

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 1:44 PM

Your Battery Health is still excellent. Battery Health is an inexact figure that varies with usage. You need not worry until it reaches 80%, at which time you will need to make an appointment at the nearest Apple Store for Battery Replacement. I agree - your post reveals too much info. And you should probably turn on Optimized Battery Charging.

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2021 1:44 PM in response to Mohamed_mk5

Your Battery Health is still excellent. Battery Health is an inexact figure that varies with usage. You need not worry until it reaches 80%, at which time you will need to make an appointment at the nearest Apple Store for Battery Replacement. I agree - your post reveals too much info. And you should probably turn on Optimized Battery Charging.

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone - Apple Support

Sep 11, 2021 1:40 PM in response to Mohamed_mk5

Hello,

First, please take down some of these photos, as they contain information you don’t want others to have.

As for your issue, it seems that your battery is normal. If you still believe your iPhone has a battery problem, you can get your battery replaced free of charge since you are still under Apples 1 year warranty.

It should take about 2 years for the battery health to reach 80%, which by then is a good time to replace the battery.

I hope this was helpful! :)

Sep 11, 2021 1:47 PM in response to Mohamed_mk5

I don't know how you could possibly believe the health of a battery can stay at 100% forever. With every full charge of your battery, its health will decline, little by little. This is what batteries do. ALL BATTERIES. The message in your screenshot says that batteries are Consumable Parts. That means they eventually wear out and when your battery health reaches 80%, which it will at some point in the future, it will be time to invest in a battery replacement.

Until then your battery health after 7 months is remarkably good. Stop worrying about something you cannot change.

My iPhone battery health is draining fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.