Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone laggy after last update

My iPhone 11 ProMax has been super slow and I have had to press the screen harder since last update. Sometimes the typing lags behind and then sometimes I have to perform the same function more than once to get it to work. For example I received a phone call a little while ago and I had to swipe 3 times before it answered. I have to put super hard pressure to get the keys/function to work. I have powered it off and on and ran the battery completely dead. I contacted Apple and they said that there wasn’t anything wrong and that I need to go to a store. Has anyone else had this issue since the update? If so what can be done about it?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2021 7:02 PM

You should never run the battery completely dead! Have you tried a Forced Restart?

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, make an appointment at the nearest Apple Store for an evaluation and explanation of your options.

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 11, 2021 8:46 PM in response to frazzm737

Somehow something called “Hold Duration” got turned on!!! I have no idea how but apparently I was having to hold a key down for 0.1 seconds for it to be recognized!!! It is an accessibility thing I guess!!! But now it seems to be working perfectly again!!!! Thank you for trying to help me. (Btw why not run the battery down? I thought you were supposed to do that occasionally.)

Phone laggy after last update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.