Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro from 2019 gets too hot.

I purchased a brand new MacBook Pro in 2019 for my photography. I am a sports photographer and only use it for this purpose. It gets very hot. almost burns my lap. took it in because I had apple care but they simply uninstalled my software (which was not much - photo mechanic, photoshop and Lightroom classic). I am still having the problem. Their "diagnostics" showed that my battery was working fine. Trust me it may be working but it is incredibly hot. I got a lemon. My husband has a MacBook Pro from an earlier year, uses the same software and does not have this problem. I have an awesome MacBook Air from 2013 that works great. This product works but it is too hot to where my lap burns. Any ideas on how to fix? Will not likely purchase apple care again. Was pretty worthless.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Sep 12, 2021 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 12, 2021 3:25 PM in response to notapplemacbookpro19

I had the same problem. Turns out, my fan ports were blocked by dust. This is usually caused by how it's transpoorted when the fans are still operating, but the MBP has been put away.

Remove the bottom panel. ifixit has a how-to photo illustration to do this. Blow out the fans and ports with compressed air and screw the bottom panel back on. Simple as that.

A

MacBook Pro from 2019 gets too hot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.