Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a problem with my old friend Mac air 2011

Hello everyone, i need your help. I have a problem. When i start up my mac, it freezes near the end of the start up bar, at that time, my mac's fan begins blowing heavily. Then, I have to hold shutdown button to restart. After that, I start my mac again and luckily it can open. One pop up appears. It said that "you shut down your computer because of a problem" (image below). Could anyone help me to save my mac? i really do not want to lose it. Thank you very much.

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 5:34 PM

I suggest starting by booting up your Mac in Safe Mode to see if it can get to the macOS Desktop ... can it?

Ref: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

If not, then there are a number of other things you can try to get this, hopefully, resolved. To get an idea on what those would be, please take a look at the following user tip article that I put together on startup troubleshooting:

Ref: Mac Basic Startup Troubleshooting Steps - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 5:34 PM in response to thái80

I suggest starting by booting up your Mac in Safe Mode to see if it can get to the macOS Desktop ... can it?

Ref: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

If not, then there are a number of other things you can try to get this, hopefully, resolved. To get an idea on what those would be, please take a look at the following user tip article that I put together on startup troubleshooting:

Ref: Mac Basic Startup Troubleshooting Steps - Apple Community

I have a problem with my old friend Mac air 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.