Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Mail Account “Invalid Email Address” when changing password

I had to change the password on an existing IMAP account. When I tap Done I get an error saying “Invalid Email Address”, then “Please add a valid email address for this account”. I never changed the email address. The email address I have set up for the address and username is valid, I’ve had it for 30 years. So what can I do to get out of this error and save the new password? Again, all of the information for this account is EXACTLY the same, I only changed the password, which I just copied and pasted from my mail provider’s website.

See below:

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2021 2:10 PM

I'm sorry, no one suggested anything except to check mail settings and ask my mail provider for help. I did ask and they confirmed that there are no issues accessing their servers from iPhones. So you're saying that in order to get past this error I have to remove my account from the phone, then re-setup the account, with all of the aliases, etc? Maybe this error should be removed, if there is actually no problem with the email address? Has anyone looked into fixing this bug?

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2021 2:10 PM in response to deggie

I'm sorry, no one suggested anything except to check mail settings and ask my mail provider for help. I did ask and they confirmed that there are no issues accessing their servers from iPhones. So you're saying that in order to get past this error I have to remove my account from the phone, then re-setup the account, with all of the aliases, etc? Maybe this error should be removed, if there is actually no problem with the email address? Has anyone looked into fixing this bug?

Sep 14, 2021 1:42 PM in response to MichelleT18

Hi! Thanks for your response. I have confirmed that all of the settings are still correct. In fact, before I changed the password, the phone was retrieving mail with no issues at all, so the only thing that changed was the password, and I have confirmed several times that it is the correct password. What else could cause that error?

Thanks again

iOS Mail Account “Invalid Email Address” when changing password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.