Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Powerbeats pro keeps connected in case

I’ve had PB Pros for a few months and they’ve been great for a while then I thought there was an issue with the left ear. I sent them back to apple but all they did was reset them but now I have noticed they are not disconnecting when I put them in the case. So I think the issue with the left one was just loosing its battery life where they are staying connected. They still show as connected in the Bluetooth menu on my phone even though they are closed away in the case. I’ve have disconnected them manually on my iPhone but then they just connect again without me even opening up the case. I tried doing a full reset and re-pair of the PBs with my phone but it’s still doing it. Has anyone else seen this?

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 8:38 PM

Hello vizier,

I do not own Powerbeats or have experience in them but this sounds like it could be dirt or something on the charging contacts. Below I pasted the third step from the "Clean your Powerbeats Pro" section.

Clean your Powerbeats Pro - Apple Support

"To clean the charging contacts on Powerbeats Pro, use a cotton swab slightly dampened with warm water. To clean the charging pins on the case, use a lint-free cloth slightly dampened with warm water. If necessary, you can slightly dampen the cotton swab or cloth with 70 percent isopropyl alcohol."

If that doesn't help you will want to reopen the Apple Support case or create a new one with the additional information. Make sure to give Apple specific instruction for how to trigger the issue if it's not constant. If the contacts or pins are not aligned or have a similar problem it could come and go so documenting the incidents could help your case.

My Support - Official Apple Support

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 8:38 PM in response to vizujr

Hello vizier,

I do not own Powerbeats or have experience in them but this sounds like it could be dirt or something on the charging contacts. Below I pasted the third step from the "Clean your Powerbeats Pro" section.

Clean your Powerbeats Pro - Apple Support

"To clean the charging contacts on Powerbeats Pro, use a cotton swab slightly dampened with warm water. To clean the charging pins on the case, use a lint-free cloth slightly dampened with warm water. If necessary, you can slightly dampen the cotton swab or cloth with 70 percent isopropyl alcohol."

If that doesn't help you will want to reopen the Apple Support case or create a new one with the additional information. Make sure to give Apple specific instruction for how to trigger the issue if it's not constant. If the contacts or pins are not aligned or have a similar problem it could come and go so documenting the incidents could help your case.

My Support - Official Apple Support

I hope this helps.

Powerbeats pro keeps connected in case

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.